Monday, January 7, 2008

Immigration vs Work

It has been almost 2 years since I was hired on the place where I work right now. When I was first hired, I used my working permit (EAD) card to prove that I can legally work here in United States . That time my working permit was valid for 1 year. But within that time I was processing my permanent residency. A month after, I got my greencard in the mail but I did not give to it to the Human Resource Department cause I figured that they have my record already. But earlier this month , the HR department updated the records of all employees, and they found out that my permit has been expired. So I got a call from them and I was
told to provide any unexpired card and they are talking about my alien card , so I told the lady from HR that I can give them my greencard so I went to their office to have it photocopied. When I look at my greencard I just realized that it will expire this coming august so it will be 7 months from now but I will give them my new card once renewed.
I wish this immigration stuff will be done so I don't have to think anymore. But once I got my 10 year green card I don't have to worry of anything maybe for long except if I want to apply my naturalization.

Anyway, that's all for today, just a little update about little stuff...

No comments:


Template Design By: